This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here.
Need some motivation to get things done? There is truly nothing like a motivation and hustle quote to inspire you to get moving. I took the time to compile 100 of my very favorite hustle quotes to remind you to keep your head up and keep your work going!
Whether you use these quotes for Instagram captions or personal motivation, they ring true for anyone on a mission to hustle hard and work for their dreams.
Without further ado, here are 100 motivational and hustle quotes to inspire you to get more done!
Short (But Sweet) Motivational & Hustle Quotes
These quotes offer bite-sized wisdom that pack a serious punch!
1. “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anais Nin
Starting off strong, Anais Nin is so right – good things do happen to those who hustle. If you work hard and consistently, good things will be available for the taking.
2. “The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.” – Deepika Padukone
There’s really nothing more gratifying than putting in the hard work and reaping the benefits of it. Success is so much sweeter when you get there by your own accord, rather than letting others do the work for you.
3. “Greatness only comes before hustle in the dictionary.” – Ross Simmonds
I love this hustle quote!
To really achieve greatness, one must hustle for it. You can’t expect to wake up one morning or start a new task and be great automatically! No, you have to work hard for the greatness to shine.
This is so true when it comes to blogging because often times, people start a blog and expect to make all this money and get all this traffic without really putting the work in.
However, to really become a great blogger (or great at anything in general) you have to put the work in first!
4. “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” – Jim Rohn
This motivational quote reminds us that the most successful people are constantly striving to be better. Through developing new skills and working towards solid goals, any dream is possible!
But if you just stand still and expect it to happen with what you already have, you may be waiting quite a while…
5. “If it comes easy, it will go fast.” – Andrena Sawyer
Nothing true in life is easy (or free). Most things take dedication and hard work. If you find something to be remarkably easy, oftentimes it’s too good to be true and won’t last long.
That’s what makes difficult things so worth it! While it takes more effort and won’t be easy, tasks or areas of life that are difficult in the moment often times have lasting, remarkable results (without the pain).
6. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.” – Marie Forleo
This motivational quote should be a reminder that if you wait around for anything until you’re totally, 100% ready, you’re going to be waiting around forever.
It’s like cliff jumping… No one’s ready to jump off of a giant rock, but all it takes to get going is a single leap and then you’re off, even if you weren’t totally prepared.
This rings so true in the blogging world. When my partner Tom and I first started our travel blog Adventure In You, we had no idea what we were doing, but we dove into it head first and worked our butts off, and boy are we glad that we did!
By just getting started, we put ourselves on the right track of success. That initial leap that we weren’t really prepared for lead to the beginning of our travel blog. Just starting became the foundation for what we were doing and that’s all we needed to get the gears of success turning.
Want to Monetize Your Blog?
7. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
It’s true that there’s absolutely no replacement for hard work. The more you work on anything, the more likely you are to stumble upon something that’s able to set you forward or propel you in a new direction.
If you just sit stagnant, it’s impossible for these opportunities (or luck, if you will), to ever present themselves.
8. “Those at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Marcus Washling
Admit it, you can’t help but giggle at little at how obviously true this hustle quote is. Of course the person at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there (unless he came flying from the sky, I guess).
They got there from consistently climbing and persevering.
If you’ve ever hiked a mountain, you know it’s not always smooth sailing. You’ll get tired and need to take breaks, you may trip over tree roots, and get cut up by stray branches.
But when you get to the top it’s all worth it for the unparalleled views and the sweet smell of success (and sweat).
The same applies to working on anything! All it takes is a little motivation and the ability to persevere when times get tough. The top of the mountain is closer than you think.
9. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
This motivational quote should remind you that it takes more than a dream to reach success… It’s all about how you turn those dreams into a reality!
Beauty powerhouse Estee Lauder has a makeup empire because she worked hard to reach success rather than letting it remain a simple thought in her head.
10. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
It can be so difficult to start something new, especially when there are so many people around you who have already succeeded!
But if you simply take a step back and stop making comparisons, you’ll quickly find that you too have the tools to get to where you want to be. You just need to utilize what’s already right in front of you.
11. “Fortune sides with him who dares.” – Virgil
Nothing quite compares to being daring – even Virgil, the Roman poet, knew this in 70 BC! If you take a chance and put yourself out there, you’ll be amazed at how the world responds.
12. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
When starting something new, it’s really easy to follow the crowd, especially in blogging! It’s super simple to write the same kind of content, use the same formatting, and stick to safety by following what everyone else is doing.
But if you take a chance and innovate a little bit, you could wind up setting the stage for plenty of bloggers who will follow!
Take it from me. We spent years following the norm with blogging and were stuck with low traffic and even lower earnings. But when we started to be creative about our approach and implementing strategies that we hadn’t seen from other bloggers, Adventure In You began to grow in an unprecedented way.
This allowed us to not only expand our travel blog, but become leaders by showing others how our innovations really changed our blogging life.
If we stuck to the same old methods, we would have never grown Adventure in You and certainly would have never started Blogging Fast Lane…
You never know what some innovation can produce!
13. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
This hustle quote is like the saying “fall down seven times, stand up eight”. If you continue to push on, no matter what struggles you face, there’s no beating you!
Babe Ruth is one of the most famous baseball players of all time and part of his success is because he continued to push on, no matter what was thrown at him. He smashed record after record and played his heart out. There’s a reason he’s one of the greatest who ever lived and that’s because he truly never gave up!
14. “Blame it or praise it, there is no denying the wild horse in us.” – Virginia Woolf
This motivational quote reminds us that passion (aka the wild horse) can be precarious, but it’s something that every single person has inside of us.
When channeled the right way, your “wild horse” can be harnessed to motivate you to hustle hard and reach great success.
15. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
It should come as no surprise that blogging takes a great deal of creative energy. Writing posts, formatting articles, sourcing images, and making compelling graphics for your website… Creativity sits at the center of everything a blogger does!
And the amazing thing is that the more you create, the more creative you become. So even when you feel drained, keep on creating because the more you practice, the easier it will be to call on it in the future.
This Maya Angelou quote is a great reminder that creativity is infinite.
Motivational Quotes to Help You Hustle Hard
It’s not always easy to get up and get going but these motivational quotes should give you a reason to jumpstart your hustle and put your nose to the grindstone!
16. “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all of the time.” – Don Zimmer
Despite common belief, talent isn’t everything. In fact, it’s almost nothing when compared to desire, hustle and true hard work.
Talent aside, if you have an unwavering desire and rock solid work ethic, you’ll be able to achieve whatever you set out to do. These qualities will outweigh any talent, time and time again!
This is a hustle quote that you should always keep in mind to use as motivation to give it your all.
17. “Contrary to popular opinion, the hustle is not a dance step – it’s an old business procedure.” – Fran Lebowitz
It’s true, the Hustle is a dance step, but according to its dictionary definition, hustle is also a state of great activity!
It fits well in the business realm because the more you hustle, the more you’ll accomplish. With increased activity comes increased business. It’s as simple as that.
18. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
This hustle quote reminds us that opportunity isn’t going to fall into our laps. It’s typically something that has to be worked for!
That’s why when an opportunity presents itself it’s easy to shy away from it… opportunities seem like a lot of effort. But what you must keep in mind is that they payoffs tend to outweigh the hard work time and time again!
Thanks for the reminder, Mr. Edison.
19. “This industry is all about work, and just because Sundance exposed me to the world, it is my job to stay deserving in that world. The work never ends; the hustle just gets harder, and you get stronger!” – Gina Rodriguez
Gina Rodriguez gives us a really good reminder with this quote: even when you’re exposed to success you still have to hustle hard to maintain it!
Just because one milestone is reached doesn’t mean the work stops. In fact, when milestones are reached, the work just gets harder. But the more you work, the stronger you’ll become, making it well worth it in the end.
20. “Some hustle for respect. Some hustle for love. Other hustle for truth. We all hustle to survive.” – Unknown
This hustle quote keeps it plain and simple: to hustle is to survive. No matter what you desire in life, be it a basic human need or something from the material world, you can’t get it without hustling hard.
21. “I just think a hustler’s ambition is that I never stop. I start off hustling and said I’ll never stop hustling. An ambitious hustler is the one to hustle the hustlers. When I grew up, my heroes were hustlers. Now I’m their hero.” – Young Jeezy
Take it from Young Jeezy: he’s hustled hard for years and is finally a famous rapper! But he reminds us that just because he’s reached success doesn’t mean the hustle stops… In fact, it’s just beginning!
When you hustle hard, you set the foundations not only for yourself, but for those who come after you as well. This should motivate you to keep pushing, to keep hustling, to become someone else’s hero.
22. “There’s a difference between fake hustle for show and being someone who tries hard to win.” – Manny Machado
Anyone can talk a big game and claim that they’re hustling hard, but that’s only half of it. The other half is actually striving for success, pushing to win, rather than just bragging about your hustle for pride’s sake.
Keep your eye on the prize and your pride in check. Doing this will drive you to success.
23. “All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.” – Pope Paul VI
Pope Paul VI makes a really good point in this hustle quote by explaining to us that hard work actually turns us into better people, especially when facing a struggle. By continuing to push forward and strive for success through hard work, you’re keeping laziness and selfishness at bay.
Hard work is humbling and one of the best way to bypass struggles. No one is going to pull you through the fire… You have to walk through yourself.
It’s not easy but it will push you closer to your goals and make you a better person along the way. At least according to this Pope!
24. “Hustle in silence and let your success make the noise.” – Unknown
Humility is everything. If you spend more time talking about your hustle than actually hustling in the first place, you know you have a real problem.
Instead of talking a big game, hustle hard silently and reach success on your own. It’ll be that much more impressive when you come out swinging!
25. “Hustle isn’t just working on the things you like. It means doing the things you don’t enjoy so you can do the things you love.” – Unknown
If one hustle quote here applies to blogging, this is it!
It can be so hard to motivate yourself to work on a blog sometimes because there are loads of moving parts. It’s not just writing or making images or sending out newsletters. It’s a combination of all of the above, and then some! It’s not always fun work and sometimes it’s really hard.
But all of it is part of the process.
If you keep your head up and push through the aspects of blogging you don’t really enjoy, you’ll be able to reap the benefits in the future when you’re living the life of your dreams.
Sure, blogging isn’t always rainbows and sunshine but when you push through the muck, you realize it’s all worth it in the end.
26. “I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.” – Muhammad Ali
It’s definitely true that hard effort is what counts the most.
It’s really tempting to just focus on what feels easy and simple, but the real change happens when things are uncomfortable and difficult… like sit-ups!
27. “If a man is called a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and Earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.’” – Martin Luther King Jr.
This Martin Luther King Jr. quote reminds us that no matter what you’re doing, it’s important to take pride in it and do it well.
It can be easy to breeze through menial tasks and work that feels unimportant, but if you don’t put as much effort into them as the ones that are more challenging, you run the risk of failing at the easiest part of the game!
Instead, Martin Luther King Jr. prompts us to take pride in every single thing we do and do it all well. It’ll make all the difference in the long run.
Motivational Quotes About Facing Failure & Conquering Challenges
Running into challenges and failure is all part of the process. But it’s about what you do with these challenges and failures that makes all the difference.
Here are some motivational and hustle quotes that will help you tackle both of these things and use them to your advantage rather than downfall.
28. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shots and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
If anyone knows a thing or two about success, it’s Michael Jordan.
Regarded as one of the best basketball players of all time, even Jordan has made an enormous amount of mistakes. I mean, missing 9,000 shots? That’s no small number, but he continued to play and work hard despite missing those shots and constantly pushed to be better.
Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone misses shots and fails sometimes, but being able to pick yourself up whenever it happens and keep on pushing is what really counts… and will eventually lead to your success.
29. “If plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters.” – Chris Guillebeau
I love this fun hustle quote because it’s an easy reminder that you can always keep going.
A lot of blogging is trial and error. Plan A rarely works out. Plan B often fails too! But luckily you can try, try, try again until you get things just right.
30. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
I am a huge believer in setting goals because they help you keep your eye on the prize. No matter what you’re working on, so long as you have a clear goal in mind, you always know how to stay on track.
By setting goals that are a reach, you’re able to push yourself to strive past your comfort zone. Just like this James Cameron quote says, even if you fail, you’ll be much further ahead than you would be if you never tried at all!
31. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” – Dale Carnegie
This motivational quote is great reassurance that our mistakes are really blessings in disguise. Each error made is an opportunity to learn and do better the next time.
32. “When I was young, I observed that nine out of 10 things I did were failures. So I did 10 times more work.” – George Bernard Shaw
This hustle quote is yet another great reminder that you’re probably going to fail a lot. That’s totally normal when you start out with something new.
The trick here though is to keep on pushing when you fail and to work even harder to reach success.
33. “Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
Plain and simple, quitting shouldn’t even be an option in your book! When times get tough, the most important thing you can do is keep on moving, because the fastest way out is through.
Mistakes are natural, they happen to everyone. But Conrad Hilton makes a distinction by telling us that successful people don’t quit when other people would.
34. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
Coming from the king of innovation, Steve Jobs knows what he’s talking about here.
This quote can apply to blogging just as much as Apple products. When you’re building a blog from the ground up, mistakes are inevitable! But instead of dwelling on them, Jobs reminds us to get on with it and continue to improve.
Mistakes shouldn’t halt what we’re doing… They should only drive us forward.
35. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” – Robert Tew
This hustle quote is so applicable to blogging. When Tom and I first started Adventure In You, we were doing everything we could to see results. We wrote tons of articles, worked on our website, and joined blogging communities… But nothing really brought results.
It was really challenging to pour our hearts into our blog and be stuck with no traffic… and no money.
But we stuck with it, took advice from the mentors, and became more strategic about our approach. Eventually (after months of headaches), the results that we were dreaming of started to pour in.
It would have been so easy to throw in the towel and call it quits when we were struggling at the beginning of our blogging journey but we persevered and now have one of the top 25 travel blogs in the world!
The power of facing your struggles and working through them is truly amazing.
36. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
It wasn’t always sunshine and daisies for Winston Churchill, and this motivational quote from him reaffirms that.
I find this Churchill quote really interesting. He reminds us that success comes from holding your head high and continuing to give it your all, in spite of failure. Rather than letting failure cloud what you’re doing, you should continue to be enthusiastic about what you want to achieve.
It’s true that if you let every failure bog you down, eventually it will be impossible to get back up. Instead, let those failures carry you to success!
37. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
Leave it to Thomas Edison to put a positive spin on failure… or as he calls it, a way that doesn’t work.
This is a hustle quote worth remembering because it shows you that what you may perceive as a failure is actually a means of getting one step closer to where you want to be. By failing, you simply learning what not to do.
38. “I had to hustle to get what I wanted, but I had that hunger for more. I didn’t always make the right choices, but I learned from my mistakes.” – Curtis Jackson
This hustle quote tells us two things.
First, always be hungry for more. No matter what you’re working towards, understand that there’s always room for improvement, always room to do better. Knowing this fact will push you to greatness because you’re always trying to take that extra step instead of settling.
Second, it’s okay to make mistakes! That is, so long as you learn from them. Mistakes can be greatly beneficial to our success if we use them to our advantage.
39. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” – Oprah Winfrey
Would it even be a list of motivational quotes without Oprah?
Here, she makes the point that we should welcome challenges as a means of recentering ourselves. Human instinct is to fight challenges tooth and nail and to come out on top.
But Oprah’s point is that we shouldn’t fight them. We should embrace them and learn how to work with them. And if Oprah says it, it’s got to be true!
40. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
While there’s no set recipe for success, in Dale Carnegie’s eyes, discouragement and failure are definitely involved.
When we fail, we have two choices: either give up or bounce back. If you choose to bounce back, you come out stronger and more knowledgable than before the failure.
You can use what you’ve learned to continue striving for success, with a new perspective on how to get there.
41. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
Something we teach all of our Blogging Fast Lane students that rings true with this John Wooden quote is that mindset is everything.
How you view a situation has a tremendous impact on the outcome. By staying positive and making the most out of anything life throws at you, you’ll be much happier and better off than if you’re busy sulking about obstacles and setbacks.
42. “Don’t think about your errors or failures; otherwise you’ll never do a thing.” – Bill Murray
It’s hard to imagine Bill Murray with failures, especially after his Groundhog Day masterpiece, but hey, we’ve all got weak spots.
He makes a good point with this quote that if we hyperfocus on failures, errors and mistakes, it’ll be impossible to move past them. Instead, the best way to deal with them is to acknowledge that they exist and then move on with your life.
Sounds like a much happier way to live in my eyes!
43. “Having the positive belief that it will all be okay just means that you hustle and make it work because failure is not even an option in your own mind.” – Natalie Massenet
Another hustle quote that emphasizes the importance of mindset, Natalie Massenet makes it clear that positivity reigns over all.
If you keep it in your mind that everything will work out, it will! You haven’t given any other options, so this is the only outcome possible. Seems pretty legit to me.
44. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
Mistakes are a part of human nature. Failure is too. But we ultimately have the choice of what we do with it.
This Obama quote reminds us that when we let failure overtake us and make us feel poorly, it increases the chance that we won’t do anything to get out of this state. We become inactive.
But on the flip side, like most quotes in this section have demonstrated, failure presents an opportunity to grow and flourish if you work through it.
Hustle Quotes to Get You Working Right Now
Having trouble putting your phone down and getting to work? These quotes should provide a boost of motivation to get your hustle on right here and now.
45. “You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.” – Stephen C. Hogan
Tons of people dream of making millions, but very few are willing to actually put the work in to get there. This hustle quote points out that we have to have a work ethic that matches our goals to achieve them.
So what are you waiting for? Start working!
46. “Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.” – Edward H. Harriman
It’s really easy to say “I’ve done enough for today” especially when you’re working on a project for yourself. Since you’re in charge of holding yourself accountable, you get to decide when you’ve worked a decent amount.
But when it comes to blogging, like many other areas of life, if you go the extra mile and put in more effort (even when you believe you’ve done enough), you’ll see the benefits of this time and time again.
Pushing yourself will help you achieve not only your short-term goals but your long-term ones as well.
So next time you finish an article, instead of saying “that’s it for now”, motivate yourself to format it on WordPress, find images, and take time to edit it instead of leaving it for tomorrow or next week.
You’ll be amazed at how much more you can accomplish with just this extra boost of work!
47. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
You’ll be surprised to know that talent doesn’t actually matter that much. What matters is your effort and hard work.
Stephen King must know what he’s talking about as one of the most successful writers of the century. You best believe he didn’t write the 1,138 pages of “It” overnight. It was a compilation of hours, days, weeks and months of hard work to get to the final result. Not just talent.
48. “The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves.” – Garth Henrichs
Or in other words, get up and get working… your dreams aren’t going to build themselves!
49. “He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him.” – Dutch Proverb
It should come as no surprise that starting something is the hardest step to take. I mean, who wants to turn off Netflix and get to work?
But when we can take the first step and begin, it becomes easier and easier to get things done.
50. “Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
Another all-star hustle quote from Michael Jordan, he reminds us that we’re in control of our destiny. Whatever you’re wishing for or dreaming of is within your grasp, so long as you work to get it.
51. “It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business.” – Mark Cuban
This motivational quote especially rings true when it comes to blogging. It takes very little cash to start a blog and pouring a lot of money into it won’t increase your traffic or make it popular. Same goes for connections.
But what will make a difference is consistent work on your blog.
Grinding and hustling to get your quality content out there is irreplaceable. And by constantly learning and striving to be better, you put yourself in a position to have a blog that stands out from the rest.
52. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
Dream as much as you want, but nothing is going to come of them until you actually do something to make it happen. As Colin Powell reminds us in this quote, dreams actually take work and determination to materialize into something real.
53. “The load on your shoulders today will be the ground that you walk on tomorrow.” – Nicole Addison
By working today and hustling to get things done, you’re setting yourself up for a breezy future.
When it comes to blogging, a lot of the work is done upfront with little payoff. I mean, you can write heaps of articles and insert hundreds of affiliate links but see little traffic and no income.
But as Tom and I learned, if you keep pushing on and working hard to achieve your goals, you’ll experience success in the long run. Your efforts will compound and everything will start to shift in front of your eyes.
So long as you dedicate yourself working hard on your blog and publishing quality content, you’ll be able to achieve a passive income to allow you to live the life of your dreams down the road.
So yeah, Nicole Addison was spot on with this one!
54. “Work was intended not to give a man a reason to live, but rather to give him a means to live.” – Criss Jami
This motivational quote tells us that working shouldn’t be our main purpose in life, but instead allow us to do the things we want to do.
You’re not living your life to work, but rather working to live your life the way you want. One reason we’re so passionate about blogging is the time freedom it can afford you.
So work hard enough and you’ll be able to follow your passions in any direction they take you!
55. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
This classic motivational quote by Lao Tzu is your call to action! It’s time to get working and hustling hard.
56. “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” – Hope Hicks
Nothing can take the place for hard work, this is true. When combined with perseverance, unwavering confidence and a whole lot of fight, something great can come of it.
57. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
It’s so easy to sit around saying “I wish I had this…” or “I wish I could do that…” but in the time spent daydreaming, you could have put together a plan of action to actually achieve this!
This motivational quote from Eleanor Roosevelt is so important because it simply tells us more doing, less thinking.
58. “Don’t think about making art. Just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they’re deciding, make even more.” – Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol had a really interesting style of art. Neon, colorful and full of pop culture, his creations were mystifying to many audiences. But instead of letting their opinions get to him, he continued creating fervently and eventually came to be revered as one of the greatest modern artists.
All of this goes to say that other people’s opinions have no effect on whether you achieve greatness or not. The only way to progress is to carry on with what you’re passionate about and care about nothing else.
Motivational Quotes About Self-Growth
Self-growth is a huge part of the hustle and is pretty much inevitable when there’s hard work involved. Here are some great motivational quotes about the growth process.
59. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
This is one of my favorite quotes of all time because it makes the point that you can never progress while comfortable.
To really grow and achieve something new, you have to be uncomfortable. This is when you truly know you’re making waves because comfort and growth cannot coexist.
60. “You’re either changing your life or you’re not. No waiting for this or that or better weather or other hurdles. Hurdles are the change.” – Terri Guillemets
There are pretty much 2 options in life: do something or do nothing. When you do something, chances are, you’re making a difference in your life (be it good, or bad). When you do nothing, things stay the same.
When a person wants to form a habit or change their life, it’s so easy to make excuses of why not to do it. And once you start making excuses, you’ll never get started. (“I’ll start working on my blog when I finish this Netflix series” or “I’ll begin eating healthy after Thanksgiving”.)
Instead, make that leap, do what you want, change your life. No more waiting around. You’re the only one who can make the choice and make it now.
61. “It’s simple arithmetic: Your income can grow only to the extent that you do.” – T. Harv Eker
T. Harv Eker, a motivational speaker with an absurdly large net worth, makes the point that self-growth is essential to increase your income. And in a lot of ways, this makes sense!
If you grow from a lazy sleep-a-holic to someone who wakes up an hour early to work, there’s more time for you to make money during the day. If you grow from someone who prioritizes TV to someone who uses those hours to work on their blog, soon enough you’ll have a booming side hustle.
If you can work on yourself and develop positive habits, this has the chance to have a positive impact on your income as well!
62. “Sunflowers end up facing the sun, but they go through a lot of dirt to find their way there.” – J.R. Rim
Everyone loves a good flower metaphor and nothing is more powerful than the sunflower. Sunflowers start from deep in the earth and grow to bloom and face the sun.
For a lot of their life, I’m sure sunflowers wondered if they would ever get to breathe fresh air and feel the warmth of the sun. But they continued to grow and push through the dirt until they reached the prized finish line.
All of this is to say that growth isn’t easy! We all have dirt to go through and it’s going to be difficult a lot of the time. But when you reach the other end, there will be a payoff as lovely as the sun.
63. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Before becoming a full-time blogger, I was a school principal. I woke up at the crack of dawn, spent every day sitting in an office, and lived the same monotonous day in and day out.
Don’t get me wrong, I loved my job but I was craving for something more out of life.
When I told everyone that I wanted to travel the world and start a blog, they thought I was crazy! It seemed like the complete opposite of what I was doing for work and it was hard for people to understand the need to break out of the norm.
But once I did, I never looked back. The rewards of getting to chase my dreams have been extraordinary and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. And I only got here because I was willing to risk it all for something new.
64. “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
In my mind, nothing demonstrates growth better than plants and this quote continues to prove it.
If you have a garden but don’t plant anything and just leave it to nature, it’s true – nothing grows but weeds. But if you start to bury some seeds and put in some effort, soon a garden will begin to bloom right in front of your eyes.
Blogging is exactly the same. If you start a blog but do nothing to grow and develop it, it will be nothing but a website you can turn to when you’re bored. But if you put the work in and sow your garden (blog), you’ll begin to see the fruits of your labors!
Hustle Quotes About Following Your Dreams
Nothing like a good old dream to get you hustling hard to get more done. These quotes will give you motivation to follow your dreams and chase the life you desire!
65. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined!” – Henry David Thoreau
There are few quotes more passionate about following your dreams as this one by Henry David Thoreau. He tells us to go confidently and live the life we’ve always imagined… That’s enough of an invitation to me!
66. “Take a leap of faith on your dreams, not for me and not for the society, just for yourself.” – Vinay Garg
Oftentimes the course of people’s lives are dictated by others. Whether it’s family, society, friends, or some other outside force, you may find that your life is being guided by someone besides yourself.
This motivational quote reminds us of the importance of following your own dreams and your own path. Only then can we be truly happy.
67. “Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
I love this hustle quote because of how true it is! When you dedicate yourself to something you’re really passionate about, it’s astounding what you can accomplish.
I never in a million years would have thought that I’d have a blog with more than 500,000 monthly visitors but I poured my heart and soul into it and now have something remarkable!
Once you start working towards your dreams, you’ll realize that you had what it takes to achieve them inside of you all along.
68. “I want the peace in knowing that it wasn’t for lack of hustling that I missed a target for my dream. I want to know that the one thing in my control was under control.” – Jon Acuff
When all is said and done, the most important thing is that you tried and worked hard. Jon Acuff makes the point in this hustle quote that even if you miss your goal, it shouldn’t be for lack of trying or hard work.
You see, hard work is just about the only thing we have control over. We can’t control the outcome but we can control the efforts we make to get a positive one.
That in itself should be reason enough to work as hard as you can towards achieving your dreams! You never want to regret not doing enough.
69. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs
This Steve Jobs quote is a little morbid but it’s insightful and still rings true.
We are all going to die one day and so Jobs’ point is: what have you got to lose? You may as well chase your dreams and make the most out of your life. Carpe diem, right?
70. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
A football coach powerhouse, Vince Lombardi gives motivation like no other. This quote makes the point that no matter what you do, if you’re committed to giving it your all, you can expect a pretty good outcome.
If you go through your life dragging your feet, it’s a pretty sure bet you’ll stay in the back of the pack. But if you commit to being great at whatever it is you do, excellence is on the horizon.
71. “If you have an idea of what you want to do in your future, you must go at it with almost monastic obsession, be it music, the ballet or just a basic degree. You have to go at it single-mindedly and let nothing get in your way.” – Henry Rollins
If you want something, you have to focus. You can’t get distracted by every passing fad or get wrapped up in the latest craze. Instead, keep your eyes on the prize and work on it without distraction to make it your future.
72. “Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The easiest thing to do in life is go with the crowd. It’s safe, it’s assured and it’s comfortable. But it will wind you up in the same place as everyone else.
If this isn’t a life you desire, one of the same monotony experienced by the majority of people on earth, take a chance on the unknown. Try something new. Break out of the norm.
Follow your own path instead of the one laid out in front of you. You never know where it may lead!
73. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Have you ever been exceptionally close to your breaking point and then have a major breakthrough? I know I have. In the times where I feel like giving up but continue to push through, I find that I’m rewarded the most.
This motivational quote tells us exactly that. Destiny works in mysterious ways and if you keep on pushing even when times get tough, a reward may be right around the corner!
74. “The fastest way to get what you actually want in your life is to drop the false belief that you must continue to wait in order to have it.” – Richie Norton
Dreams don’t magically fall into your lap. They have to be worked for. And to work for something, you must start somewhere!
Richie Norton reminds us that we actually have power when it comes to getting what we want in life. We just have to take charge and get things done because there’s no time or place like the present.
Hustle Quotes to Make the Most of Your Day
With only 24 hours in a day, it’s important to make the most of them. No matter what you’re doing, it’s important to do it with meaning and purpose!
Check out these hustle quotes to motivate you to get more done with your day.
75. “Be not afraid of going slowly. Be afraid of only standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
This motivational quote definitely applies to blogging. It can take time to start a blog and build up the skills needed to be a successful blogger, but it’s important to keep going.
So long as you’re constantly working at it and striving to be better, you’re making progress. Keep at it!
76. “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.” – Blair Waldorf
Nothing says seize the day like a Blair Waldorf quote! Known on the TV show Gossip Girl as a badass go-getter, she knows a thing or two about making the most of your day.
In this quote, she remind us that if we want something we have to go get it instead of waiting around for it to happen. Make the most of your day by chasing after what you want!
77. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
The quote pretty much says it all, but keep after it day after day. It’s alright to run out of steam, so long as you pick it up again tomorrow.
78. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
The hustle happens while the competition is slacking. By committing to something and working at it every single day, you put yourself in the position of outdoing the competition by putting in the extra work.
Take risks, follow your gut, and learn from your mistakes. You’ll be surprised at how far it’ll get ya!
79. “You gotta run more than your mouth to escape the treadmill of mediocrity. A true hustler jogs during the day, and sleep walks at night.” – Jarod Kintz
The recipe of a true hustler, Jarod Kintz gives us the secrets to success with this motivational quote. Spend your days working your butt off on whatever your endeavor is, and then spend more time working on it at night.
While we have personally found this true in the beginning stages of building a business, we are big advocates of finding a good work-life balance. But in the early days, be willing to grind it out.
Making the most of your day is spending less time talking about your business and more time working with every spare hour you have. That’s how to reach success.
80. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
This is one of the most powerful motivational quotes that should seriously jumpstart your drive to get more done.
You don’t want to be left wishing you had worked harder on your blog or spent more time perfecting your content. You want to be proud of the work you’ve produced and the hours you hustled to build something great.
Trust Mark Twain on this one.
81. “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.” – Anonymous
A fun spin on the popular saying “good things come to those who wait”, this quote tells us that it’s even better if we go out and get it ourselves.
Waiting can only get a person so far. Eventually you have to find the motivation to make things happen on your own terms.
82. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The next best thing is the wrong thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Every day we’re faced with countless decisions, Decision making actually comprises most of our day!
So when faced with one of these endless questions or what to do, Teddy Roosevelt tells us it’s best to do the right thing. But even if you do the wrong thing, it’s better than inaction.
83. “I’ve got a dream that’s worth more than my sleep.” – Unknown
Sleeping in is great, trust me I know. I’d love to sleep ‘till noon and lounge around in bed but that’s no way to build an empire!
When you have something worth working for, waking up in the morning is the best way to make the most of your day. Plus, sometimes you’ll get so involved that work will last into the night, too.
When you have something to hustle for, sleep is the first thing to go.
84. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
Thomas J. Watson gives us a direct call to action with this quote: always put your right foot forward.
I love this quote because he reminds us that we have the chance to be excellent every single day. This statement is a push to strive for excellence as of this very moment.
85. “Each day, wake up and ask yourself what will make you feel most alive that day.” – Jaymin Shah
When you wake up in the morning, the best way to start your day is to feel motivated and ready to conquer anything. Having something you really love doing helps with this.
We talk a little about this concept in our Blogging Fast Lane course and emphasize the importance of remembering your Why or Why you’re blogging in the first place.
As a full-time blogger, what makes me feel most alive is pursuing my passion for traveling and being able to live life on my terms. I feel alive because I have time freedom and the ability to profit from what I love the most.
Following my dreams allowed me to do this, and being here now is largely due to making the most of every day. We hustled hard to get to where we are and truly wake up every morning and feel alive!
86. “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work.” – Unknown
Another one about waking up early, this is truly a key to success. When you wake up early in the morning, not only is your brain fresh (with the help of coffee, of course) but you have more hours to spend hustling during the day.
The most successful people in history have woken up early – some barely even slept! It’s surely the best way to make the most of your day.
87. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you’ll stumble on something, perhaps when you’re least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
No matter what it is you’re working on, keep going!
Even if you don’t see results right away, it’s important to keep on pushing on to let your efforts compound and grow into something bigger. It’ll all be worth it in the end.
Motivational Quotes About the Road to Success
The road to success is a long one that’s paved with hard work, challenges, and a whole lot of potholes. But there is also a lot of beauty along the way.
Here are some of my favorite hustle quotes about reaching success.
88. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pelé
One of the greatest soccer players of all time, Pelé is a true example of what hard work and learning can do. He played soccer for 2 decades and won great championships for his teams.
But he stayed humble about his success and this quote is proof.
This Pelé quote is a reminder that success takes not only hard work and sacrifice but also love for what you’re doing. That will make all the difference when it comes to reaching success.
89. “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
According to this Pat Riley motivational quote, to become successful (or excellent) at something, the best way to go about it is to always yearn for more.
By continually trying to expand your knowledge, improve your performance, and be your best self, success will eventually come.
But the keyword in this quote is “gradual”. Results won’t show themselves immediately. In fact, it can take months or even years before they do.
But once your excellence reaches the surface, there’s not tapping it back down!
90. “Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.” – Henry Van Dyke
In order to be successful, you have to be determined.
Like dreams, desires and most other topics covered in these quotes, success is something that you have to go out and grab. It’s not something that’s just going to fall into your lap!
But knowing that, also know that success is out there for the taking. You just need to seek it out and make it your own.
91. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
On the road to success, people are going to get you down. David Brinkley takes it as far as people throwing bricks at you! While this may not actually happen in real life, the bricks in this hustle quote are a metaphor for any way that someone can bring you down.
But the point here is to use what’s been hurled at you to your advantage! Let it make you stronger and build your empire on top of it. That’s what true success looks like.
92. “To achieve something that you have never achieved before, you must become someone that you have never been before.” – Les Brown
Tying in with self-growth, success is not a state that you can reach by being your normal self. I mean yes, when you’re successful it’ll still be you, but likely an amplified, highly motivated version! A version of yourself that gets up early in the morning or works on their blog instead of watching TV.
While these changes may seem small, they enable you to become highly successful and achieve things you never have before… Win!
93. “People with hustle also tend to be much more agile – they’re the water that goes around the rock. These are the people you want around when everything goes wrong. They’re also the people you want beside you when everything goes right.” – Leah Busque
This quote from Leah Busque just sits right with me.
A person who hustles hard rolls with the punches. They flow with obstacles and let nothing stand in their way of success. Not only are hustlers fantastic with challenges but they’re amazing with success as well.
Right or wrong, hustlers know what to do in order to accomplish their goals.
94. “There are three things you must do in order to become wealthy. You must have the right mindset, discover your purpose in life, and find a business that expresses that purpose.” – Andy Fuehl
For many people, wealth is a powerful measure of success and Andy Fuehl gives us a simple breakdown of how to get there.
First, there’s mindset. I’ve already touched on how important mindset is when it comes to blogging but I’ll say it again: mindset is everything!
Second, there’s your Why or purpose in life. This is your guiding force that drives your actions. A Why gives your actions meaning.
Third, and finally, there’s a way to using your Why to make money. No, this isn’t selling out, I promise you, but rather leveraging what’s most important to you and making it your life’s work.
I think this hustle quote resonates with me so much because these are the exact concepts we teach our students in our Blogging Fast Lane course. With a combination of these 3 elements, success is inevitable! I know from experience.
95. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
It’s like the saying, practice makes perfect. Or in this case, practice makes excellence.
Even in ancient times, Aristotle articulated what experts are still saying today: if you do something over and over again enough times, it becomes a habit.
By striving for excellence and performing well over and over again, you make a habit out of it. Eventually, you’ll have no choice but to be excellent always!
96. “Many people think they want things, but they don’t really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want, if you want it badly enough.” – Sophia Loren
In this hustle quote, Sophia Loren lets us know that no matter what it is, you can get what you want if you try hard enough.
To achieve success and get the things we want in life, Loren reminds us that we must be strong and disciplined. With these traits, we can conquer anything in our way and reach our ultimate end goal.
97. “The best kinds of people in your life aren’t those who gather to celebrate your success, but those who gather to help your hustle.” – Usman Ismaheel
The road to success can be lonely sometimes, but it doesn’t always have to be. In fact, along the way you’ll probably find many helping hands – from mentors to friends to partners and acquaintances.
No matter who they are, the best ones will be there on your darkest days. They’ll help with the toughest problems and shy away from nothing.
Those are the people you want to keep around. Those are the people who will help drive you to success.
98. “As a winner, learn not to let negative comments affect you. Just treat it as firewood that feeds your fire. Soon that fire will be so big and so bright that those who criticized you will smell the smoke, even if they happen to be on the other side of the world.” – Kevin Abdulrahman
As a blogger, you’re putting yourself out there. Publishing things for people to read, share, and comment on can be intimidating. And the thing is, the people reading your content aren’t always going to be nice.
But instead of letting that hamper your success, use it as fuel for your fire and prove them wrong over and over by keeping them out of your head. Eventually they’ll have nothing to do but sit back and watch your fire burn strong and bright.
99. “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.” – Bruce Feirstein
Some ideas may seem crazy, but that’s not necessary a bad thing. It’s all about how you go about executing them.
Always remember that no dream is too big and the fine line between insanity and genius is yours for the dominating.
100. “When I started flirting with the hustle, failure became my ex. Now I’m engaged to the game and married to success.” – Lil Wayne
And finally, a showstopping quote from one of the most well-renowned hustlers in the game: Lil Wayne.
In his rap lyrics, Weezy tells us that once he started hustling, failure wasn’t an option anymore. And the more he hustled, the further he got on his road to success. Eventually, he made it by continuing to hustle and not letting anything stand in his way.
After making your way through all of these motivational and hustle quotes, hopefully you feel fired up and ready to tackle whatever’s in front of you!
Which one is your favorite? Any hustle quotes that I missed? Drop me a comment below!